Updated: April, 2021
Autoglym is part of Altro Limited, which is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number: Company Number 00154159 (VAT Reg. No. 21322830) and whose registered office is at Registered office: Works Road, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire SG6 1NW.
• our website, www.autoglymconnect.com and/or our app (our "website");
• our various social media channels;
• telephone calls and video calls between us and you; and
• any other interactions including face-to-face meetings and other forms of communication between us and you (for example, when we meet with you at events, exhibitions and meetings or when we contact each other by e-mail or using any online chat facility).
1. Information which we collect automatically
2. Information which you provide voluntarily
You may voluntarily provide us with personal information in the following ways:
• Signing-up to our newsletter: We may ask you on our website whether you want to sign up to receive information from us. Where you enter your personal information, we will use that personal information to send you the latest case studies, events updates and product news by e-mail, phone, video call, text message and post. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us using the contact details at section 10 below.
• Ordering samples and products. We will ask you for your personal information when you order samples and products so that we can process your request and deliver samples and products to you. If permitted by law, we may use your contact information to enquire about your requirements and to send you information about products that you may be interested in.
• Buying products. In order to process any orders you place, we will need to collect delivery information (such as delivery address, contact person, contact telephone number etc.), as well as payment information which will be processed by our banking provider.
• Obtaining quotes. We collect your name, email address and postal address for the purpose of contacting you with any quotes that you have requested.
• Surveys and contests. From time to time our website may request information from users via surveys, contests or for a particular service (for example our newsletter). Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have the choice whether or not to participate and provide us with any information. Information requested will include contact information and supplementary information on your professional interests, opinions and preferences (for example, choice of publications, working practices, opinions on industry issues, feedback). We will only use the contact information to administer responses– we will not use your contact information received in these cases for marketing purposes.
• Product, blog and site comments and feedback. In order to leave a comment on our website you have to give us at least your name and email address, which we require for quality control purposes.
• Contact us. From time to time, you may wish to contact us with queries or complaints regarding our products and services. You may contact us by e-mail, phone, video call or using any in-website chat tool. We will use any details which you provide to us (including your name, e-mail address, telephone number) to investigate and resolve your query or complaint and to improve our service in the future.
• Events, exhibitions and meetings. When you visit us at events and exhibitions or when we meet with you (either in person or virtually), you may provide us with your contact details and information about you, your business and your requirements. We will use this information as part of our business records, to contact you following our meetings and to send you marketing about our products and services if you ask us to or if the law permits us to do so.
3. Our use of your information
Our legal basis for collecting and using personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which you provide it or we collect it.
We will normally collect personal information from you only where we need the personal information to perform an obligation or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms or where we have your consent. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we collect and process your information for our legitimate interests from time to time, this will normally be to operate our website and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, such as, responding to your queries, improving our website, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
Where you have provided us with your contact details through any of the ways explained in Section 2 above, we will use these to send you marketing communications by phone, video call, text message and post and also by e-mail where you have provided your consent or where the law allows us to do so. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or by sending an email to the contact information in section 10 below.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform an obligation, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, or pursuant to another obligation and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter or perform with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party) set out in this policy, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
4. Email communications
As noted above, we may send you marketing communications or newsletters by email, either where you have actively consented to these or where we are entitled to do so by law.
If at any stage you no longer wish to receive these types of email, please use the opt-out/unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or contact us using the contact details at section 10. Please note that even where you have opted-out of marketing communications, we may still need to send you service messages, for example, a confirmation email about a product you have ordered.
5. Telephone communications
When you telephone us, your call may be recorded for training and quality purposes. We will only do this to make sure that our Care Centre staff are operating as well as they can, allowing us to provide you with our greatest level of customer service. We do not use call recordings for any other purposes.
6. Our disclosure of your information
We do not sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
• to our third party service providers who provide data processing services to us, for example, to support the performance of our website and enhance the security of our website as well as those involved in the delivery of goods and samples. Our service providers include our group companies and companies outside our group of companies;
• to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
• to our legal and other professional advisers in order for them to advise us and to our insurers and insurance brokers in the event of a claim or to manage or administer our insurance policies;
• to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We generally store and process your personal information within the European Economic Area ("EEA"). If at any time we need to make a transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that the information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EEA, including by entering into data transfer agreements, using the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, by relying on certification schemes such as the EU - US Privacy Shield where applicable and/or by ensuring that processors have corporate rules regarding the protection of personal data.
If you would like more details of the mechanism under which your data is transferred outside of the EEA, please contact us using the contact details in section 10.
7. Security of your information
We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to try and protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, it is important to remember that no web-based platform can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is outside of our control.
If we become aware of any breach of your personal information, we will take steps to promptly assess and remediate the breach. Where appropriate, and in accordance with our legal obligations, we may also take steps to notify you about the breach, in particular where we believe that the breach has resulted in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
8. Retention of your information
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your personal information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights in respect of your personal information:
• If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details in section 10.
• In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details in section 10.
• You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details in section 10.
• If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We will respond to and manage any requests which you make in relation to the rights set out above in accordance with data protection laws. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. However, we are keen to address any issues with our use of your personal information or the exercising of your rights and in the first instance we would ask that you attempt to resolve the problem with us directly.
In relation to all these rights, please contact us using the details given below. Please note that we may request proof of identity and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
10. Contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, or any queries or complaints about how your personal information is used, or if you wish to exercise any of your information rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2021 Autoglym, all rights reserved. Autoglym is a trading division of Altro Limited.
Altro Limited Registered Office: Works Road, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1NW
Registered in England and Wales. Company Number 00154159
VAT Registration Number 213228308